The founding fathers of the United States of America were learned men. They studied the bible, and also studied the notable philosophers of their time. They read Nicolo Machiavelli, Thomas Hobbes, James Harrington, John Locke, Charles De Montesquieu, Thomas Paine, John Stuart Mill and others. From the wisdom of these works, they crafted a wonderful document, the United States Constitution, which guaranteed liberty for all, and an abundance of freedom that opened up the creative juices of all with ambition, eventually making their new country the greatest nation on earth.
The Constitution that they put together was a blueprint for limited government that honored not only the God given rights of men, but diffused and limited centralized power, giving the individual and their states more power than the Federal Government. Nothing like it had ever been seen, nor has been seen since. It established a Republic rather than a Democracy, in order to protect the individual’s rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Their main concern with a Democracy was that it had the effect of sublimating the individual to the collective (mob rule). The individual in a Republic is Supreme.
This way of life revolved around an educated populace, one that understood the founding principles, and adhered to them. Without that knowledge and adherence to the Constitution, the whole experiment could unravel. When walking out of the final day of the Constitutional Convention, Benjamin Franklin was asked a question by a lady: “What have we got, a Monarchy or a Republic? Franklin replied, A Republic if you can keep it!” Even Franklin had some doubt that this grand experiment would succeed!
Succeed it did, and the original 13 colonies evolved into the most successful and powerful country in the world! People from all around the world fought to get to the USA, and once they were here, they readily assimilated into the melting pot of America, proud to be citizens of the United States of America!
World War I came around, and after a time the United States joined the allies to win it! With its supreme manufacturing power to resupply the allies, and hundreds of thousands of fresh fighting men crossing the Atlantic to join them, Germany surrendered. This is the time that the USA came of age, and was recognized as an economy and a military that surpassed all others.
As the USA’s economy eclipsed all others on the planet, there were dark clouds on the horizon. In 1929 the stock market collapsed. Prices collapsed because of the imbalance of the supply side with new forms of manufacturing, and half of all workers in the country were out of work.
President Franklin Roosevelt was subsequently elected, and he greatly expanded the reach and scope of the Federal Government over American lives. Many agencies were formed, and the Federal Government was now growing like a weed. Public works projects and other Federally funded employment were greatly expanded, and this did put some of the laid off workers back in the workforce, but it did not end the depression, which lasted until 1939. Only World War II could end the depression, and our entry into the war put all back to work, either in the military or in support jobs for the war effort. Although President Roosevelt was of a mind that something had to be done to eliminate the suffering caused by the depression, its unintended consequence was that by greatly expanding the Federal Government, the individual was shrunken, and the collective was now starting to become the norm.
World War II was won, with American manufacturing and military taking a front seat for that victory. Our economy boomed back, not only because of its capacity to produce goods, but also because our production capacity was one of the only ones that was not decimated by the war. There was a period of unequalled prosperity from the end of the war that lasted for decades, and we shared our prosperity with the world at large.
Federal Government expansion continued under President Lyndon Johnson. His “Great Society” program was a huge federal overreach that created countless entitlements for those that were in poverty, and created new agencies that oversaw the programs put in place. It was to have ended poverty as we know it, but in spite of spending trillions of dollars, it did not have any effect on poverty rates, and had the unintended consequence of destroying family units in order to qualify for these benefits. That created a vast underclass of people that still to this day are dependent on the government for their sustenance.
With the exception of Presidents Reagan and Trump, who attempted to shrink bureaucracy, every succeeding President created and expanded an alphabet of government agencies, programs, and regulations. The current President, Biden, is now on the cusp of greatly expanding an already bloated and overreaching Federal Government. He and his administration are following the Saul Alinsky playbook on “How to Create a Socialist State”. Listed below is his playbook:
“There are eight levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a socialist state. The first is most important.”
- Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people. (re-instituting Obamacare, single payer system in the works)
- Poverty – Increase the poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you’re providing everything to live. (Proposed tax increases, trillions being spent on left wing programs with borrowed money, causing eventual out of control inflation, expanding on the corona virus narrative)
- Debt – Increase debt to an unsustainable level, that way you are able to greatly increase taxes, and that will create more poverty. (currently at $30 Trillion and climbing fast, also think “Green New Deal” that is being disguised as the infrastructure bill, refer to tax bill proposal)
- Gun Control – Remove people’s ability to defend themselves from the government. That way you are able to create a police state. (Gun control measures now being implemented by executive orders, and being considered by Congress)
- Welfare – Take control of every aspect of their lives. (Latest corona virus bill expanding unemployment benefits, food banks, etc.…)
- Education – Take control of what people read and listen to – take control of what children learn in school. (Common core, civics and history not being taught, Universities controlled by leftists, MSM’s controlled by leftists, Hollywood controlled by leftists)
- Religion – Remove the belief in God from the government and schools. (Already done)
- Class warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take over the wealthy with the support of the poor. (See proposed tax bill, black VS white, white VS Asian, police VS black, etc.….)
The Biden administration is following this playbook, and if they succeed, our experiment in being a Democratic Republic will finally come to an end. We need to fight hard to ensure that he does not succeed! Let your representatives at the Federal and State level know that we all are taking these moves seriously and implore them to join the fight to keep our country and our Constitution. Let’s do everything that we can to disprove Benjamin Franklin’s doubts! We must keep our Republic! We cannot lose our freedom and our God given rights!